2.09.2012

Brussel Sprouts and Pancetta Recipe
















Brussels Sprouts recipe with pancetta and feta cheese.  Hi everyone, so yesterday was a day that I had 1 1/2 hours to devote to cooking up some good stuff for the rest of the week.  Seriously, I got home at 11:30, started cooking/juicing at 11:45 and within 1 1/2 hours I made Dr. Oz super green juice drink, pineapple and carrot juice, kale greens with pine nuts and raisins, chopped up my butternut squash to put in something this week, boiled a chicken for my chicken noodle soup, made 2 cups of forbidden black rice, again for this week, and I made the brussels sprout dish you see here.   My friend Caroline hooked me into this dish, here is the recipe......

4 Cups Fresh Brussels Sprouts (or frozen which is what I had on hand so I went with it, thawed of course)
1/2 Vidalia Onion Chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic Chopped
1/2 Cup Pancetta chopped (Italian Ham, or use 1/2 cup bacon chopped)
1/2 Cup Craisins or Raisins
1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
Crane Crest Real French Dressing (or your favorite vinegarette dressing)

Place brussels sprouts, chopped onion and garlic in a 9 x 12 roasting dish, cover, place in 350 degree oven for 1/2 hour (if you use thawed brussels sprouts it will take less time maybe 20 minutes).  Take out of oven, stir, sprinkle pancetta and craisins, drizzle dressing on top, stir, place uncovered in oven for 10 more minutes.  Take out of oven toss and sprinkle the feta cheese on top.  YUM!!!