3.16.2012

My Juicer Choice is The Omega Vert350HD Juicer

Omega Vert350HD
Omega Vert350HD in Action





As a Health and Nutrition Coach, people have asked me about juicers.  I have personally researched which juicer works for me, and I am very pleased with the Omega Vert360 purchased from Discount Juicers.  Here is the description of the juicer from the website......

"The Omega VRT350HD Juicer is Omega's newest single auger Heavy Duty juicer. Its low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat build up and oxidation promoting healthy enzymes and longer lasting juices."

Please check out the website for more information on this juicer.   It was an investment $379.99 (with a ten year warranty),  but what it gives me in nutrition will save me in medical expenses, hence WELLNESS APPROACH!  Watch for the lower speeds as they are the most nutrient dense producers, maintaining the fiber in the juice.   I have used my juicer every week since September at least 2-3 times a week for myself and my family.  I love Dr. Oz's Green Drink.  My son loves the carrot and pineapple drink which you can find in Elaine LaLanne's Total Juicing Recipe Book.    The reason I love this book is because along with great juice recipes, you are given options of what to do with the pulp from the produce items.   Elaine suggest using tomato pulp for your red sauce or salsa, along with many other useful tips for the pulps remaining after juicing.   I also love the option of making your own juices for cocktails such as Bloody Mary's, eliminate the alcohol and you have an awesome V6 juice.  You need to think outside the box when juicing, adding more apple if you like it sweet, or throw in horseradish to the V6 to give it some zing.  One of my clients put balsamic honey in the V6 and it was awesome!


What is best about juicing is that it is portable.  When I am on the go, I whip up a nutritious juice drink, put it in my portable drink container, and I have a quick healthy drink on the go, especially after an exercise class.  This is much better energy food than anything you can buy at any convenience store or fast food restaurant. Some recipes are good for a few days in the fridge, you can make an extra serving for the next day or two.


Visit your local farmer's market for the best organic produce to use in your juicer drinks.  They will have a longer shelf life because they are so fresh.  If the farmer's market isn't an option, check out your organic produce at your local grocery stores.   

If you look at these drinks as a healthy nutrient dense food providing your body with natural energy and vitality, you will be hooked into juicing as a way of healthy living!  The closer to whole foods you put into your body the better it is for you in all aspects.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know juicers were this expensive! I really want to get one to help with my healthy eating. I'll have to save up a bit more.

    Alena | http://moreappliancesandelectronics.com/Juicers

    ReplyDelete